Gráfica de Acción Histórica
3 Meses : De Ago 2019 a Nov 2019
RNS Number : 7750K
BHP Group PLC
30 August 2019
30 August 2019
To: JSE Limited
London Stock Exchange
Notice of Dividend Currency Exchange Rate (South African Rand)
2019 Final Dividend
Name of entity BHP Group Plc REG NO 3196209
On 20 August 2019, the Board of BHP determined to pay a final dividend of 78 US cents per share for the year ended 30 June 2019.
The currency exchange rate applicable for the dividend payable in South African cents to shareholders on the BHP Group Plc branch register is based on the exchange rate on 30 August 2019 and is set out below:
Dividend 78 US cents Exchange rate Dividend per ordinary
per share share in local currency
South African cents 15.23240 1188.12720
----------------------- -------------- -------------------------
The exchange rates applicable to the BHP dividend being paid in other currencies will be based on the foreign currency exchange rates on the Dividend Reinvestment Election Date, being 9 September 2019, and will be announced to the market.
BHP Group Plc shareholders registered on the South African section of the register will not be able to dematerialise or rematerialise their shareholdings between the dates of 4 September 2019 and 6 September 2019, both dates inclusive, nor will transfers between the UK register and the South African register be permitted between the dates of 30 August 2019 and 6 September 2019, both dates inclusive.
The dividend will be paid on 25 September 2019.
Sponsor: UBS South Africa (Pty) Limited
BHP Group Plc Registration number 3196209
Registered in England and Wales
Registered Office: Nova South, 160 Victoria Street, London SW1E 5LB United Kingdom
A member of the BHP Group which is headquartered in Australia
NOTE: Additional information required by the JSE Listing Requirements
1. The dividend should be regarded as a 'foreign dividend' for the purposes of South African income tax and South African dividends tax.
2. Dividend Tax will be withheld from the amount of the gross final dividend of 237.62544 South African cents per ordinary share paid to shareholders on the South African branch register at the rate of 20 per cent, unless a shareholder qualifies for an exemption.
3. After the Dividend Tax has been withheld, the net dividend will be 950.50176 South African cents per ordinary share.
4. BHP Group Plc had a total of 2,112,071,796 ordinary shares in issue at the dividend determination date of 20 August 2019.
5. The dividend will be paid out of retained earnings.
6. For the avoidance of doubt, Dividend Tax, and therefore the information provided in this announcement, is only of direct application to shareholders on the South African branch register.
Shareholders on the South African branch register should direct any questions regarding the application of the Dividend Tax to:
BHP Group Plc Branch Registrar and Transfer Secretary
Computershare Investor Services (Pty) Limited
15 Biermann Avenue
PO Box 61051
Telephone +27 11 373 0033
Facsimile +27 11 688 5217
Email enquiries: email@example.com
Holders of shares dematerialised into STRATE should contact their CSDP or stockbroker.
This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the London Stock Exchange. RNS is approved by the Financial Conduct Authority to act as a Primary Information Provider in the United Kingdom. Terms and conditions relating to the use and distribution of this information may apply. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.rns.com.
(END) Dow Jones Newswires
August 30, 2019 11:18 ET (15:18 GMT)